Kangaroo is one of the leanest meats available, containing only 2% fat and with much of that being healthier, unsaturated fat, which makes it a great treat for pooches watching their waistlines.
A good source of high quality protein, roo contains all of the ten essential amino acids that dogs require for health. Kangaroo is an excellent source of iron, which is important for transporting oxygen around the body and immune system health, as well as zinc, which is essential for growth, wound healing and immune health. Kangaroo meat has very high levels of B vitamins, particularly B12, which are important for releasing energy from food and producing red blood cells.
Kangaroo meat also contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which are not commonly found in high levels in conventionally farmed ruminant animals.
About Freeze Drying;
- Freeze drying ensure that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Freeze-dried food has a shelf like of up to 30 years when stored at a wide range of temperatures.
- While dehydrating may impact the nutritional value of some foods by degrading nutrients, freeze-drying retains all nutrients in their original state.
- Freeze drying does not affect the flavour or texture of the food, unlike almost all other preservations methods.
- Freeze drying makes food much lighter, which makes it more cost-effective to post.
- Freeze drying reduces around 99% of the moisture in food, creating an unlikely environment for bacteria and mould to grow.
- Freeze drying ensures that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Suitable for both dogs and cats
- Freeze drying does not affect the flavour or texture of the food